Au Academy Selective Test Preparation Programs
The Selective High School Placement Test is designed to place academically gifted students in Selective High Schools in NSW. Students who wish to enter Selective High Schools in NSW in Year 7 must take the Selective Test to be considered. Year 8 – 12 students will have a different application process, depending on the Selective School.
The Selective Test is a multiple-choice test in reading, maths, general ability, and a 20 minute written component. “The results from these tests are combined with school assessment scores in English and mathematics to form the student’s profile score. Student profile scores are generally the most important determiners of academic merit used in the placement process.
The Selective High School Placement Test will be conducted during March each year. It will be administered state-wide in designated test centres, usually established in government high schools.”
Au Academy – 2019 and 2020 Selective Test Preparation Course – NOW ENROLLING YEAR 4 STUDENTS
We offer weekly Selective Test Preparation Courses in Hornsby for current Year 5 and Year 6 students. Students may enrol at any stage during the year. During the Selective Test class, students take a sample Selective Test, receive explanations on test questions and lectures on the subjects tested (the lecture will be based on Maths, reading comprehension/English, general ability and writing). We target individual student weaknesses by providing individualised tutoring catered to your child’s weaknesses. We provide an innovative approach to teaching the Selective Test as students will engage interactively with the materials via our interactive projectors, write-able walls and class projects. Students will also receive in-depth homework packets, extensive study guides, relevant worksheets and materials for the Selective Test and individualised support to conquer their weaknesses. We offer more than just coaching for the Selective Test in this preparation course–we offer a fun, interactive learning environment for our students. Our outstanding placements in 2015, 2016 and 2017 have proven this. For more information, contact us today or ask us a question.
What we provide:
- Selective Test every week
- Homework every week
- Classwork every week
- Engaging lectures every week (we emphasize understanding and tackling individual student weaknesses)
- Classroom competitions
- Secret surprise pizza parties (learning should be fun, too)
- Individualised assessment of scores
- Breakdown of scores
- Weekly parent consultations with our test advisor
- FREE Study Support and Tutoring as the test approaches
- $65 per week (Year 5 and Year 6) – all four subjects tested (Maths, English, GA and Writing)
- Try us for one week (pre-paid) to see if we can help your child.
- No commitment period. No long term contract. You can leave at any time.
- Space in this program is limited. Classes for current Year 5 students in 2018 are filling up fast!